The best stroller fans to keep your baby cool on a hot summer day to help you beat the heat with your new baby.
(This post contains affiliate links. Our full disclosure policy is really boring, but you can find it here.)
Babies can overheat easily on a hot summer day, and they are not able to regulate temperatures as well as adults can.
A lot of parents try to use a sunshade or a lightweight blanket to try to protect the baby from the summer heat, but this is not effective and can be dangerous.
Imagine being stuck inside a tent on a scorching day; you’ll have a tough time breathing!
This is what happens to your baby in a stroller with the blanket draped over the stroller.
That’s where a fan comes in handy. A fan keeps the air circulating within the stroller which helps cool the baby and helps keep things breathable and light.
A baby’s body can lose heat rapidly due to the body surface area being 3 times greater than that of an adult. In an environment that is too hot or too cold, a baby is not able to regulate temperature.(2)
The Best Stroller Fans 2021
Summer days can get really hot, and that might be enough to make a new parent worry about an overheating baby.
Thinking of taking your baby out for a walk in a baby wrap on a scorching hot day? Think again! This is a great way for your baby to break out with heat rash, even if you weren’t really out all that long.
Sometimes toddlers can get extra cranky in the summertime too; it can get sweaty sitting in a stroller.
A stroller fan is an excellent accessory to keep your child comfortable, and works well to create white noise which promotes better sleep.
These aren’t just great for baby; they help mom stay cool too, which is a sweet relief when the sun is blasting down on you.
So how do you stay cool on a hot summer day? Stroller fans! They are underrated but so very great to have.
Stroller Fans We Love
The SkyGenius fan is a great handheld fan for strollers because of its ability to move and operate quickly.
- This fan is created for strollers and can also be used on car seats, bunk bed, high chairs and more. If you don’t want to clip it to a surface it can be set flat on a table or the floor. The base has a weight added to it to prevent tipping over.
- This fan has 3 wind speeds and it stays fairly quiet even on the highest setting.
- This fan provides a 360 degree horizontal and vertical rotation so you can point it wherever you need airflow.
- Designed strong and steady this fan will not fall off easily when shaken. The battery has also been tested for burning and explosion for ultimate safety.
- Uses a rechargeable 18650 Li-ion battery which can be charged via USB via computer, portable battery or wall unit.
- When the fan is being charged, the charging indicator light on the back will turn red, and automatically off when it is fully charged.
This mesmorizing Cool On The Go! Clip-On Fan is a well designed strolelr fan which looks a lot different than it’s competitors.
This clip on fan can clamp on the stroler, the canopy, a high chair or a playpen.
What makes this fan unique is that it is bladeless and provides continuous airflow.
Another cool feature on this bladeless fan is the colored LED lights which can keep a baby entertained while you’re out on a stroll.
You can even wear this fan around your own neck, so you should probably get one for your baby and one for you too.
We really like the YXwin Fan as it hit all the features we look for in a stroller fan.
This fan has a 360degree rotation which can be controlled with an easy to use dial. You can control wind speed with this dial too.
The rechargeable battery will last up to 4.5 hours if the fan is used continuously on full blast.
A cool extra feature that this fan has is the ability to act like a charging station. Simply use a USB cord and plug in your cell phone and let the fan charge it up. That means one less item to carry around with you on your daily stroll. This is also an awesome feature if you like to go on long hikes in your jogging stroller.
Let’s talk clip fan. This fan clip measures 5.7″×3.7″×9.1″ and ius designed to keep baby fingers safe from pinches.
Recgarge this fan by plugging it into a wall or a USB cord.
This stroller fan kicks it out of the park with it’s baby safe clip, 360degree rotation and charging station features.
The O2Cool Portable Stroller Fan can keep your little one cool and comfy while they enjoy their stroll. This fan has a sturdy clip for easy use and secure attachment onto stroller frames, playpen sides and even high chairs. The neck is flexible for adjustable airflow.
- Great for hot and humid weather to keep your little one cool and comfortable.
- The clip is easy to attach to stroller frames, child trays and bumpers.
- Flexible neck for adjustable airflow.
- The fan cover has tight openings to prevent little fingers from getting hurt.
- Many designs and colors to choose from.
- Great for inside and outside use.
- Requires 2 AA batteries (not included)
- Plastic materials.
- Measures 4.72″ D x 5.12″ W x 6.3″ H
This Dream Baby Clip-On Fan gives off a cool gentle breeze that keeps your baby cool on a hot summer day. It has soft fins and an adjustable neck. Easily attach the Dream Baby fan to strollers, cribs, playpens and highchairs.
- Provides targetted cool and gentle breeze for your little one
- Designed for on the go such as camping trips, park days and beach days.
- Clips on to highchairs, strollers, playpens, desk, chairs and more.
- Blades are soft and baby safe.
- The neck is flexible and adjustable.
- 2 AA batteries required and not included.
- Made from ABS plastic and foam materials
- Measures 475″ D x 4″ W x 9″ H
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
This cute little Dream Baby clip fan provides a small number of air, just enough for a baby’s needs without making them too cold. It has 7 fun dragons and colors making this an adorable stroller fan for your walks. This fan is also quite small, measuring 8.3×4.5×2.6 inches.
This fan does not charge with USB like other fans in our collection but rather takes regular batteries, 2AA to be exact.
The battery life is about 6 hours of continuous run time. You can also use this fan on your desk at home.
The blades on this fan are made from foam and are pretty flimsy, but that is what makes them soft and safe for little fingers.
The Treva stroller fan is a great option for parents who are ekn the hunt for a stroller fan that works.
This little fan has a strong airflow and a slim design which makes this fan perfect for attaching to car seats, strollers and playpens too. This fan has a rotating function as well as a multi-directional feature. You can set the speed to high or to low on this fan.
The clip is sturdy and secure which is great if you’re going for a run or brisk walk.
This fan is also fairly quiet for being so powerful, which creates a nice level of white noise for your little nap.
The blades are ouchless for little fingers and are made from soft plastic.
- Features a heavy-duty clip that makes it easy to attach and secure the fan almost anywhere
- Two powerful speeds allow you to get up to 14 hours of refreshing airflow
- Clip your fan to a desk, picnic bench, beach chair, bike, bed, tent, stroller, golf cart or treadmill
- Slim and the lightweight small fan makes it easy to carry with you
- It’s easy to store in bags, luggage or backpacks
- For indoor/outdoor use
- Heavy-duty clip for easy attachment
- 2-speed settings
- Uses 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Blade measures 5″ diameter
- Measures 12.59″ H x 2.55″ W x 6.69″ D
Overall this is a safe stroller fan and a good option for parents who need to keep their baby cool in the summer heat.
If you are looking for a small fan that can clip onto a stroller or stand on its own, the WiHoo Mini Stroller Fan is a good option for you.
This fan has metal, silicone-covered legs that can bend and hook into many surfaces or keep the fan standing upright on a flat surface.
This fan I charged through a USB cord and can hold a charge on its 2600mA rechargeable battery for up to 8 hours.
As far as airflow, there are 3 different speeds that this fan offers so you can keep your little one as cool as they need to be in their stroller.
- Fun whimsical design
- Twistable legs
- 3-speed settings
- USB charging via power bank, computer or wall unit.
- comes with a 2600mah battery, lasts 2.5-10 hours depending on winds
- 12-month Replacement Warranty
The Opolar Clip On Fan is easy to carry and can be used for various occasions, including keeping your baby cool on a hot stroll. Use this fan inside or outside, and enjoy how compact it is and easy to transport and throw into a diaper bag.
- This fan has a powerful 3700RMP 4-speed fan creating a strong airflow.
- Use a USB to power this fan from a computer, power bank, car charger or wall socket.
- The battery can last up to 6 hours on a lower setting.
- The head and bracket rotate 360 degrees vertically to allow to change the direction of airflow.
- The fan can clip onto any surface with its strong clamp and firm rubber grips which won’t scratch surfaces.
This is a great stroller fan, and it’s biggest feature is how compact it is.
This fan is an excellent option for your stroller as it offers 360-degree rotation and can work up to 40 hours on minimum power.
The fan can be powered in many ways:
- With the included rechargeable batteries
- With a USB cable connected from the fan to a cell phone charger
- With a USB cable connected to a computer’s USB port
- To a cell phone charger or computer WITHOUT the batteries in the fan
- To a cell phone charger or computer with the batteries inside the fan, which will, at the same time, recharge the included batteries.
The clip-on this fan is durable and can mount on any surface that is 2 inches thick or less. This fan can also function as a desk fan.
This is a stroller fan that is powered by two rechargeable batteries and can charge via USB.
- The fan runs a full 360 degrees rotation in any direction, and the oscillation runs 80 degrees horizontally.
- The airflow is controlled with a dial, and the fan can operate for 40 hours on the lowest setting.
- This fan can diffuse essential oils of your choosing.
- The company does offer a 3-year warranty if there are any issues.
- Built-in 5000mAh rechargeable lithium battery provides large capacity long working hours
- 2 in 1 clip/stand design with aromatherapy function makes it portable and perfect to travel
A powerful and flexible little unit, the MCGMITT Battery Operated Stroller Fan is an awesome stroller fan that should not be overlooked.
Featuring a flexible hose design this fan combines the octopus style fan with the clip-on style fan. The clip is strong and instead of a twisty tripod, there is a long flexible hose for directing airflow.
- Hose fan offers 360 degrees of turning to direct wind onto your baby no matter where they are.
- The clip is strong and can open 1.6″ and can attach to many surfaces, like high chairs, playpens and strollers.
- Inside the clip, there is a non-slip sponge padding so the fan will not slide around while you travel.
- The fan is simple to navigate with one small button that can adjust between three different speed settings.
- The cover is made with babies in mind with gaps less than .2″ which makes it impossible for little fingers to get hurt. The cover is removable for easy dusting as well.
- The battery life can last up to 3 hours on the highest speed setting. There is a 200MAH battery and on the lowest setting, it can run up to 10 hours.
- This fan emits 55 decibels which makes it perfect for slight white noise which can put a baby to sleep while you walk.
- Charge time on the battery is approximately 3 hours and the battery is not removable or replaceable.
The BRIGENIUS Clip On Fan has all the features you want in a stroller fan. It weighs in at 9oz and hasa compact design.
This fan is perfect to throw into your purse or diaper bag amd can be used as a desk fan, a camping fan or a treadmill fan too.
This fan can easily attach to any stroller like a jogging or umbrella stroller due to it’s strong clip.
You can use the flat bottom of the fan to place it onto flat surfaces too.
There are 3 speeds which you can set this fan to and no matter which speed you choose, the loudest it goes is 40 decibels. This is a very quiet fan.
This quiet stroller fan is run on a 18650 lithium battery which lasts up to 6 hours on a slower speed setting. The battery takes approximately 1.5 hours to reach a full charge.
This fan can be charged with a USB cable which means you can use a laptop, a power bank or a wall unit to charge this stroller fan.
We really like the Amacool Battery Operated Stroller Fan because of the awesome flexible legs which make this fan very versatile in the ways which it can be used.
The bendy legs can be more useful than a clip, depending on your situation.
This cute fan also has a little nightlight with LEF lights and 3 different brightness settings. Thsi can help your baby feel more comfortable on evening walks or in darker places. You can even use this on the crib to keep baby cool at night or the change table if they are grabbing onto the side rails.
This fan has three-speed settings which all have a quiet noise level, so you can totally use this fan when snoozing.
The battery life will last up to 10 hours if running the fan at low speed. It is a good idea to have a power bank or another source of power with you if you feel you will need this fan for more than 10 hours in one go, such as when you’re camping or exploring in Disney Land.
This fan is nice and quiet at 30 decibels, which is treat for little ears.
The fan works for up to 8 hours on a single charge and low power.
This model has a 360 degree vertical and horizontal rotation, which helps disperse airflow evenly.
This product does come with a one year warranty if needed.
- USB or rechargeable battery operated.
- Upgraded 2600mAh rechargeable lithium battery, lasts for 3.5 – 8 hours.
- Powerful brushless motor, super quiet.
- 4 wind speeds for all your needs.
- Swivels 360° for all-around cooling.
- High quality and durable.
- Protection against the circuit, overcharge, ensure security and longer battery life.
The Flocion Stroller Fan is a great choice as far as stroller fans go as it has a sturdy clip which won’t break off easily.
Enjoy 6 hours of run time on this portable fan with its 2600 mAh lithium rechargable battery.
This fan can also be charged via 6.5ft USB cable.
The Glocion fan has a vertical and horizontal rotation meaning it can cool a decent number of air space around your baby, even on a lower setting.
Tiny fingers won’t get caught in the extra small casing slots so you don’t have to worry about your little one around the fan.
Weighing only 12oz this is a very light stroller fan that fits perfectly into your purse or diaper bag.
This cute little stroller fan comes in 3 different colors.
Another affordable and versatile fan is the LiyuanQ Portable Fan/ This smal lfan can go anywhere.
We love the posable handle which can be wrapped around just about anything, even around the neck for handle free airflow.
This fan can blow air in any direction with it’s 360 degree rotation. This fan also has 7 blades which create a powerful breeze.
Powered by a 1500 MAH rechargeable battery, this fan lasts approximately 6 hours before needing a recharge. It takes up to 4 hours for the battery to become recharged fully.
The Moomet Mini Portable Stroller Fan can be attached just about anywhere with it’s flexible and patented monopod design.
The stand is finished with silicone which is safe for children and the end has a cute little kitty face.
This sweet little fan will keep your littke one cool for up to 12 hours on the low speed setting. There are 4 speed settings; low, medium, high and natural wind.
This fan also has a neat little nightlight setting with three brightness levels and an auto timer feature. You can use this fan in your child’s room to provide a safe and ambient sleeping environment during the night.
Diono is a company which makes some awesome car seats, wraps and baby strollers and their little fan is a well designed too. The Diono Stroller Fan is a strong that is high quality.
It has a strong clip which stays on even bumpy jogs. This fan has 3 easy to use controls which are hidden behind the blades casing which means little fingers won’t be able to reach or see the buttons easily.
This fan uses 2 AA batteries that are not rechargeable and are not included in the purchase. One set of batteries should give you approximately 5 hours of power.
There is only 1 speed setting on this fan.
Another great clip on fan is the HJIAN 5-inch Clip Fan.
This fan is only 5″ and features multiple speed settings which can produce some strong winds.
This fan does have 360 degree rotation vertically and horizontally.
enjoy a 2200 MAG rechargeable lithium battery which lasts 2 hours on the highest speed setting. Bring a USB power bank with you if you require more run time on your day out.
This fan is charged with a USB cable and can be used while plugged in on a one-speed setting.
Enjoy a few different color options on this fan when you are purchasing on Amazon.
Guide To Buying A Stroller Fan
Features To Look For In A Stroller Fan
Noise Level: Fans can have high decibel levels, so it is important to find a fan that will not be too noisy for your baby and prevent damaging eardrums. It is also nice to have a little bit of noise from the fan for a little white noise which can help your baby sleep while you are out on your stroll.
Battery Life: If you are using a fan on a hot summer day, you may need some Signiant hours of keeping cool. Battery life on your fan is an very important feature to look at before making your decision on the best stroller fan. Some fans use a USB to charge up, which also helps power up the fan when it is attached to the stroller. An independent power pack can help keep the fan charged if you will be out for a while. Some fans come with rechargeable batteries, which helps keep down on the spending of new batteries all the time. The battery life of an average fan is 2-4 hours when the fan is on the fastest setting. If you are using a lower setting, the battery can last longer.
Clip Durability: A good clip will help your fan stay in place while you’re out and about. The last thing you want is a fan that’s sliding around every time you hit a rough patch of ground. A clip with padding that also opens up wide enough to fit your stroller handle is a right choice.
Safe Design: Because you are looking for a fan for a product that will be near a baby, you need to ensure it is safe. A fan with a shield will help prevent little fingers from getting hurt if they decide to poke around the blades. While you can purchase fans with sponge blades and no covers, these types of fans are often less effective in keeping your baby cool. So keep your curious baby safe by purchasing a stroller fan which has a safe design for your little one.
Rotation: It is better to have a fan that can oscillate and move the air around the stroller to keep your baby cool. Look for a fan that offers 360 degree rotation to help with the airflow.
Fan Speed: When you are considering purchasing a stroller fan, look for a fan which can switch gears when the heat dissipates. or if the fan is used on humid warm days. Your baby may also like a lighter breeze rather than a full blast breeze while they sit in the stroller on a hot summer day so it’s always good to have the option to adjust the fan speed.
Rechargeability: You may want to look at the way your fan gets recharged before you purchase one for your stroller. Do you prefer to charge your devices with a USB or rechargeable batteries? Do you maybe just like to change batteries when they no longer work.
Price: While stroller fans aren’t all the expenses on their own when you are purchasing a lot of baby gear at once, this can add up quickly. As a shopper, you are looking for the best quality for the best price and you’ll want a high-quality product for that price. We narrowed down some of the best options on the market so you can find the fan that suits your needs the most for the best price in your budget.
Easy Cleaning: While a stroller fan doesn’t require a lot of maintenance, a fan that is simple to take apart and wipe down is going to serve you better than one that cannot be taken apart. Sticky fingers, dust and dirt can get into your stroller fan and it would not be sanitary to leave it dirty and have your baby use it in the stroller.
Extras: Anything that is extra can be a nice bonus on your fan. Bonus items could be timers, temperature settings, auto shut off, auto start and even Apps.
What Is A Stroller Fan
How To Keep Your Baby Cool In The Summer
Keep out of the direct sun: Babies cannot regulate their temperature, so it is best to avoid being in direct sunlight with a newborn. If you must be out in the sunlight, use a stroller fan, and sit in the shade as much as you can to try to keep the baby (and yourself) cool.
Dress accordingly: Cotton is the best material to keep the baby cool in the summer. a simple thin onesie or a summer dress, some sunscreen on exposed skin and a sun hat should be all your little one needs for the summer heat.
Hydrate: Keep your baby hydrated by providing formula, breastmilk or if the child is old enough, water throughout your day in the sun. Parents need to be hydrated well too, especially is mom is breastfeeding.
Use sunscreen: You should use sunscreen if you’re going out in the sun with your baby. A Baby’s skin will burn easily and it will only make life with your baby more difficult if they do end up having a sunburn.
Wet towel: You can use a wet towel with cool water to dab your baby with to try to keep her cool on a hot summer day.
Keep curtains closed at home: If you’re trying to keep the baby cool inside your home on a hot summer day and don’t have A/C, then you should keep all your curtains and windows closed. Opening windows will only allow in the hot air inside your home, making your house a hot uncomfortable oven for everyone.
Leave the house in the cool mornings: You should try to leave the house with your baby daily, it’s a good idea to go out in the earlier parts of the morning while the air is cooler.
Frequently Asked Questions About Stroller Fans
Common Signs The Baby Is Overheating
Newborn In Hot Weather: Learn how to take care of a newborn in hot weather here.
Your baby may be overheating if their face is getting red, they become very irritable or they have pale or clammy skin. You should take immediate measures to cool your baby down as fast as possible if you see these signs so you can avoid heat exhaustion in your little one.
You should not take your baby outside if the temperature is over 26C or 80F.
Do your absolute best to keep your baby cool on a hot summer night to decrease the risk of SIDS. You can also place a stroller fan right onto the crib so your little one can get direct cool air blowing on them as they sleep.
The Best Mom Hacks To Keep A Baby Cool In The Summer At Home
Here are some clever things parents have been doing to beat the heat with their newborns:
- Cool baths, as many as needed throughout the day
- Let baby suck on a breastmilk popsicle if they can hold one
- Let the baby hang out in just a diaper
- Definitely invest in an air conditioner!
- Use peppermint essential oil in a bucket of ice water and dip washcloths in it then cool the baby with the washcloth
- Blackout curtains can keep the room cool
- Get a desk fan and keep it near the baby
- Peppermint lotion rubbed on the feet can bring down body temperature
- Keep baby away from windows
- Turn off all the lights during the day to help keep the house cool
- Grill your food on the barbecue to avoid heating up the house
Fan For Your Stroller
This is a great baby gadget for hot summer days. It helps keep the baby comfortable and cool and it’s lightweight and portable too. Parents can also use the stroller fan to keep themselves cool, which is important too.
Don’t forget to consider battery life if you leave the house for extended periods of time n the summer and airflow and oscillation are important too!
Our favourite stroller fan is the SkyGenius Fan.
While it may look like any other stroller fan, the SkyGenius Fan is more than just that.
You can’t go wrong with the SkyGenius Fan as your stroller fan.